FORUMS: list search recent posts

UPDATE -- PROBLEM SOLVED -- IGNORE please.... FCP file being opened from 2009 hangs - after I agree to file format update and "Shift Fields" fix.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Notowitz
UPDATE -- PROBLEM SOLVED -- IGNORE please.... FCP file being opened from 2009 hangs - after I agree to file format update and "Shift Fields" fix.
on Nov 3, 2011 at 7:23:05 pm

UPDATE: I THINK I JUST LET THE FILE TAKE IT'S SWEET TIME TO OPEN, AND IT OPENED JUST FINE.

Dear fellow FCP friends,
I'm trying to open an FCP project from early 2009. First pop-up is "The file format of this project is from an earlier version. Would you like to update this project file? ..." I click "YES". Then screen says, "One or more sequences don't have the correct application of the "Shift Fields" filter. Would you like that to be corrected now?" and when I click YES, FCP hangs forever. Then I start the same but click NO to this "Shift Fields" question, but the app still hangs. In the past I could update the file and the Shift Fields issue without this hanging problem. But I haven't tried this in a while, so alot has changed on my systems since then.

Using FCP 7.0.3 on OS 10.6.8.
Also tried FCP 7.0.3 on my older OS 10.5.8.

Any inside scoops or suggestions? I have not tried anything at all yet. My FCP system has been so reliable over the years... I remember that "trashing prefs" used to help, but not sure if that hint applies anymore.
Thanks,
David

Notowitz Productions
Inspiring Action™
http://www.Notowitz.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]