FORUMS: list search recent posts

Maybe Someone assist me if this has not already been said.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Miller
Maybe Someone assist me if this has not already been said.
on Nov 3, 2011 at 7:09:40 pm

I have been doing a series of projects now that seem to have worked until just these past two weeks.

I record a video in I Show U HD on a mac mini. I transfer it over to my Mac Pro. Once there the video usually can't be imported in final cut pro. From what I have been using I take the video into Leawo Mac Video Converter and reconvert the video into a .mov again keeping the settings as close to the original as possible. In both cases before and after I convert I look at the video in quicktime player. all of the texts and boxes are smooth with no degrade in quality.

After the conversion I can upload the video into Final Cut Pro. Once inside Final Cut Pro I add it to a timeline and tell it to match its settings. Then the viewer makes the video look all jaggy.

This did not use to be the case. I thought that it was just a viewer problem. But when I exported it out as a .mov with as close to the original as possible. the video viewed in quicktime player looks just a jaggy.

If I need to give any information for more help just let me know. This problem has not happened to me until just two weeks ago.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Maybe Someone assist me if this has not already been said.
on Nov 3, 2011 at 10:26:10 pm

What codec and format is the original capture? What are you converting it to to make the quicktime (.mov)?

Return to posts index

Dave Miller
on Nov 3, 2011 at 11:49:18 pm

The codec is Apple Intermediate Codec and the format is .mov. The Conversion is to codec H.264 and keep .mov.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Nov 4, 2011 at 12:04:28 am

If you are capturing AIC then that can be edited directly in FCP. There is no need to convert at all. H264 is not an editing codec in FCP so import the AIC files in directly into your FCP project and start editing.

Return to posts index

Dave Miller
on Nov 4, 2011 at 12:19:05 am

The file When I try to import into timeline gives me an error when I don't convert it.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Nov 4, 2011 at 12:52:13 am

Does the AIC file have the .mov extension? Can it play in quicktime.

Return to posts index

Dave Miller
on Nov 7, 2011 at 7:57:35 pm

I don't know what Aic means but if you mean the original video yes it plays in quicktime before the conversion

Return to posts index

Dave Miller
on Nov 29, 2011 at 12:08:47 am

I still don't know how to fix this problem

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]