FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAM Transfer not importing sub clips using Sony PDW-70MD

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Preston
XDCAM Transfer not importing sub clips using Sony PDW-70MD
on Nov 3, 2011 at 5:06:59 pm

I have material on XDCAM discs which I have often imported over the last 3 years, but usually using the Sony PDW-U1. I don't have access to that all the time but I currently have a PDW-70MD in the office.

Using XDCAM Transfer, it is possible to import WHOLE clips no problem using this kit. If you try to select a portion though, it stops with an error as displayed here:

If you copy the entire contents of the XDCAM disc to the local Hard Drive, you can choose it as a source locally and import sub-clips fine.

But it takes a long time to copy/paste an XDCAM disc to a local HD.

I have searched over the internet for a similar problem but have been unsuccessful. Anyone seen this before? It must be something to do with the machine as it reads the files locally? The machine is set to iLink FAM mode. With thanks.

Return to posts index

John Honey
Re: XDCAM Transfer not importing sub clips using Sony PDW-70MD
on Apr 27, 2012 at 4:47:47 pm

Did you get a fix for this problem? I'm having exactly the same problem using a PDW-F350.

Return to posts index

Steve Preston
Re: XDCAM Transfer not importing sub clips using Sony PDW-70MD
on Apr 28, 2012 at 8:32:35 am

No sorry John, I went back to using the UD-1 for now. There is a PDW-70 in the department, so there may be a time when I have another go. Hopefully a solution will present itself. Tell me if you have any luck.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]