FORUMS: list search recent posts

Log and Transfer not ingesting all GH2 MTS files

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Allan Cordero
Log and Transfer not ingesting all GH2 MTS files
on Nov 3, 2011 at 4:23:11 pm

Hi everyone - having some trouble figuring out why Log and Transfer is failing to ingest footage that was shot on a GH2. I think I know why but wouldn't mind getting some kind of confirmation or input as to why. Here's my workflow:

Footage shot on Panasonic GH2, 23.98Fps
FCP 7.0.3

1) Open my project, open the Log and transfer window
2) Bring the entire PRIVATE folder into Log and Transfer
3) Set my settings, rename my clips, etc. and let it go do its thing

PROBLEM 1:

So I have a LOT of footage for this project and it's VERY organized by subject, date, etc. - both in the project itself and where the original raw footage lives. I only noticed the issue when the director gave me some new footage and I mentioned that an interview was only 6 min long and he said that was not right since he shot more than 30 min of that interview. We then noticed that in the Log and Transfer window, it was only showing 3 clips when in the actual PRIVATE folder, there was 16 MTS files.

I think the reason it's not reading the other clips is because in the CLIPINF folder and PLAYLIST folder within the PRIVATE folder, it's only showing 3 files. Am I right to assume that when L&T is reading the entire folder it's taking into account those two folders and since there are only 3 files in those folders, it can only read 3 MTS files?

Sorry if this sounds confusing but any input would help!! We've found a workaround to just unwrap the actual MTS files but I'm worried that I'm still missing clips.

PROBLEM 2:

For clips that have the half moon/circle showing up, I noticed it's only skipping 2 frames. Am I right to assume this is drop frame?

Thanks! I haven't really worked with MTS files/GH2 camera before so just trying to figure this all out. Again, any help or input given is greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]