FORUMS: list search recent posts

Really Weird Quality problem!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sara petrai
Really Weird Quality problem!
on Nov 3, 2011 at 11:48:02 am

HI,
I'm getting crazy with a video I export from FCP7.
Raw Footage: .h264 from Canon 5D
Converted on AppleProRess (LD)
Edited in FCP7
1 Export: Quicktime/self contained = quality ok
2 Export: Quicktime conversion/h264 = quality ok

PROBLEM: when I copy them onto a DVD (drag and drop) the videos start skipping and jumping, out sinc and freezing.
either using dvdstudio to authoring the video quality is dropped down to ridiculous quality.

I have to do a DVD with a Pictures folder and this Video to a client.
How Can I do??
where is the mistake??!!
either using Compressor the video does the same problems!!!
help!!!
thanks

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Really Weird Quality problem!
on Nov 3, 2011 at 11:57:43 am

Sara,
your workflow is very inconsistent.
Its makes not sense export an H264 to be re-converted in an MPEG-2 for the DVD.
Also that "drag&drop" (i don't know the process) you have no control on the picture downsizing (critical for quality).
Try Importing the selfcontained Prores movie to Compressor and set the "Frame control ON" and the Resize filter BEST.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
on Nov 3, 2011 at 11:58:06 am

After you export "Current Settings" from the FCP sequence.

You then need to create dvd compliant files.

Or are you creating a Data DVD?????
If so, A high-res file will not play smooth off a disc. They'll need to drag the file OFF the disc before playback.

Now, DVDSP can create the dvd video for you upon import but not with great results.
Before you import your QT's, go into the preference/settings of DVDSP and set setup the conversion settings to create the mpreg files for you.

Better still, use a compression program to create the mpeg2 files.

Compressor
Episode
Adobe Media Encoder
Squeeze

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

sara petrai
on Nov 3, 2011 at 12:14:46 pm

Thanks guys for the reply.

Actually yes, I tried to do a dvd Data with those videos cause I have to add on it a pictures folder too.
here all the different trials:

1) from my timeline I exported the quick time self contained and used this one to dvdsp but the quality is really bad.

2) from timeline export quicktime conversion h264 and I got a small file that I didn't use in dvdsp but I just copied in the dvd data and play really bad.

3)from timeline send it to compressor export mpeg for best quality dvd,
sent to dvdsp, result= no high quality at all!!

why the quicktime h264 do not play from a dvd data?! i never got this problem and I always copied video as data.
which is the best solution please?
and How I should normally do to obtain the best quality video? and be able to copy it in a dvd??!!!

thanks

Return to posts index

sara petrai
on Nov 3, 2011 at 1:02:11 pm

I also convert the quicktime file in mp4 with mpgstreamclip, but even this file is jumping when burned in a dvd data!!!
why!!!!
it never does it before!

Return to posts index

Rob Grauert
on Nov 3, 2011 at 1:45:54 pm

As stated earlier, you should not be playing your video off of your data DVD. Once your data DVD is created, you (and your client) need to drag the file off of the data DVD (just like you would with a thumb drive) and onto your Desktop. THEN play the video from your DESKTOP.

To get the best quality video, export your timeline at Current Settings. Then bring that file into Compressor to compress to the best quality H.264 you know how to make.

Then burn your data DVD.

Rob Grauert, Jr.
http://www.robgrauert.com
command-r.tumblr.com

Return to posts index

sara petrai
on Nov 3, 2011 at 2:09:42 pm

Thanks
the only thing is I don't understand why!
is it because is 1920x1080 res?
why does it happened?
thanks
and have a good day!
S

Return to posts index

Jorn Bergmans
on Nov 3, 2011 at 2:34:13 pm

Yes the shocks that occur may well be because it is HD footage; a video will start stuttering when the bitrate it requires is higher than the drive can support. ie if your video is 30Mbit/s and your DVD only supports 25Mbit/s it will not play smoothly, or perhaps not at all.

A higher resolution will typically result in a higher bitrate as you will have more data (more pixels) to play each second.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Nov 3, 2011 at 2:14:34 pm

There's maybe a better way to do this. Using DVDSP, import the footage as mpeg2, and it will look great. Next, you can create a separate section within the DVD for putting stills or even a slide show of stills, as well as other files like PDF's and spreadsheets, whatever you need. A little check-box in the DVDSP menus opens up this functionality. Then it's like a bin where you just drop in the new assets.

When I make these, I print on the disk and make a notice in the menus, that there is additional content available if you put the DVD in your computer. The last time I did something like this, that bonus material section contained all the posters and printed media that normally would have to be physically printed and shipped with each disk. You know that stuff is the first thing that gets separated and lost from the DVD after opening, so putting it *in* the disk not only keeps it together permanently, it puts off the additional printing and mailing costs onto the user, who only prints the parts they need, on-demand.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]