FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP - Sudden loss of audio in view window...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan Dean
FCP - Sudden loss of audio in view window...
on Nov 3, 2011 at 10:19:57 am

Don't know why the hell this has started happening...

Imported an AIFF into an FCP 7 project and now for some reason when I play AIFFs in the viewer window there is no audio out of the speakers. I can see levels on the meters and waveform in the window, but no audio. If I match frame some footage I can hear audio but not with this AIFF.

I converted in itunes to WAV and same thing happened. It started doing this yesterday and for some reason it stopped at a ceretain point (I was playing around with the pan and the ganging of the audio tracks).

Can't seem to find a similar problem on the forums. All seem to be no audio at all or in the timeline as opposed to just in the viewer window.

Ideas?

Cheers

Return to posts index

Jonathan Dean
Re: FCP - Sudden loss of audio in view window...
on Nov 3, 2011 at 10:23:24 am

Ok... UPDATE!

I just moved the audio tracks in the timeline (from the WAV) from tracks 3 & 4 to 1 & 2 and I hear the audio. However I have audio enabled on ALL tracks. The AIFF only has 2 tracks. How can this be?

Cheers

Return to posts index

Jonathan Dean
Re: FCP - Sudden loss of audio in view window...
on Nov 3, 2011 at 10:30:01 am

Wow.... After ages trying to figure this out yesterday I finally solved it. My sequence settings audio output was only 4 tracks not 2. I.e. it was trying to play out 4 tracks of audio through my speaks instead of mixing them down to 2 (I think). Now everything is fine...

Hopefully this will help someone out in the future...

I feel schizophrenic with all these posts...

Thanks me!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]