FORUMS: list search recent posts

Green Screen Basics for Web?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rory Keenan
Green Screen Basics for Web?
on Nov 3, 2011 at 12:39:58 am

I'm a documentary film editor with little experience on green screen or graphics.
I finished a film and the director shot some green screen footage he wants on the promotional web site.

I need a "Lay of the land" on green-screen keying.....and exporting video with an alpha channel.
The director shot several people walking or talking against a green-screen. He wants these people exported with alpha channels so the web designer can put this moving video over a "collage design" on the web site.
The people will likely be tiny on the webpage.

-What are the basics for green screen keying in FCP7 ?

-What are the basics on "garbage matting" the corners of the frame ?

-Any recommendations on exporting with an alpha channel ?

-If FCP 7 is bad for keying/alpha-channel export, is there a better application?

(I have limited knowledge of Motion or After Effects. I can spend time learning to key in one of those programs but I'd need some basic help to get started)

Thanks for tips on the basics

Return to posts index

Greg Ondera
Re: Green Screen Basics for Web?
on Nov 3, 2011 at 1:41:28 am

I would suggest purchasing one of the books or DVDs on the subject, because there is quite a lot to it. "The Green Screen Handbook" by Jeff Foster is excellent; "Greenscreen Made Easy" is a good simplified text by Jeremy Hanke and Michele Yamazaki; and a Reel Classroom DVD called "Light On Green Screen Lighting" by Carl Gundestrup has some good tips.

Greg Ondera
http://www.Plexus.tv
http://www.SurgeonToday.org

Return to posts index

Rory Keenan
Re: Green Screen Basics for Web?
on Nov 3, 2011 at 3:35:45 am

Thanks for the tip.

I looked at those books and they seem mostly about shooting on green screen.
The green screen footage I'll be working with has already been shot.
I may pass those book suggestions on to the director if he shoots any more green screen.

I need a crash course in the Post-production of green screen footage.
Any suggestions?

Recommendations on software would be great (FCP 7.....Motion.....After Effects?)

Some tips on basic use of the software (specifically exporting with an alpha channel).

And any tutorial I could do on the software (either on-line tutorial or "classroom in a book" type tutorial)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]