I am working on a new documentary series and had some questions concerning format and FCP setup if anyone has suggestions.
We are editing on FCP 7 and shooting with multiple cameras.
Canon 7d – 1080 30 fps
Hero Cam x2 – 1080 30 fps
Sony VG10 – 1080 30p
Sony HDR CX160 – 60i FX HD
Sony EX1 – 1080 60i
FCP is easy setup XDCAM HD422 1080i60 (50mb/s).
My plan is to compress the all footage to Apple ProRes 422 (not sure if we need HQ quality for TV standards.
Here are the delivery standards:
• XDCAM HD422 (50 mb/s) or XDCAM HD (35 mb/s) on Sony XDCAM Professional Discs
• HD 1080i/59.94 in 16:9 aspect ratio
• Video levels must comply with XDCAM HD format standards
• All must be mastered to first-generation with drop-frame time-code
• All production must be faithful to a 4:3 safe area to allow for center-cut presentation on the SD channel
• All titles and graphics must fit within 4:3 safe-title area to allow for center-cut presentation on the SD channel
My 2 big concerns are: Is this the best workflow? And, is there going to be a drop-frame issue between footage and final export?
Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.