FORUMS: list search recent posts

AppleProResHQ export taking hours

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Doug Weiner
AppleProResHQ export taking hours
on Nov 2, 2011 at 2:41:23 pm

My footage in is Apple ProResHQ, 24fps, 1920x1080

My sequence is in Apple ProResHQ, 24fps, 1920x1080, 86 minutes long.

All my effects are rendered.

Export Quicktime indicates a 7 hour export.
Export Quicktime Conversion says 3 hours.

(these export times seem to be correct)

Both seem very long considering everything is rendered.

MacPro 3,1 (4 core)
FCP 7.0.1
12 gigs memory
all media is on e-sata drives connected via Port Multiplier, JBOD. Normal transfer rates using finder copy and Disk Activity are 80mb-110mb sec.

Any ideas?
Doug

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: AppleProResHQ export taking hours
on Nov 2, 2011 at 5:23:41 pm

Well QT conversion is going to use the render files as the source, and recompress them as whatever you've chosen. H264 for example. 3 hours sounds normal if you're going to the same frame size. If you were exporting something to a web size like 640x360 as a single pass encode, it's a little longer than real time. Maybe 2 hours. Matrox systems with MAX will speed up that 3 hour export to less than Real Time.

Export QT can be either. If you're just looking to make a master file, export QT, choose Current Settings, Self Contained and it will essentially be a copy of the rendered/referenced frames into a self contained file. That should maybe take 15 minutes. It does have to render the audio into a single stereo track so that takes a little time, as does the actual file copying.

Return to posts index

Doug Weiner
Re: AppleProResHQ export taking hours
on Nov 2, 2011 at 5:38:58 pm

I will test this out. The QT Extensions was doing it in the same format, ProResHQ and it was taking 2-3 hours while just Export to QT was taking 7. Which seems crazy.

So I went back an checked the QT export and I had "Re-compress all Frames" checked. Duh! Unchecking that did the trick. 24 minutes now!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]