FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transition technique question

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathan Wilkson
Transition technique question
on Nov 2, 2011 at 4:23:51 am

Hi I have a simple question:

I want to accomplish an affect where one scene melds into another. Say you're in a house and then the camera pans quick to the left and all of a sudden you're at the beach. The best example of what I'm talking about that I can think of is from this music video at around 3:50

My question is if there is a common name for this technique so that I can research how to do it properly? or could someone explain to me how this is accomplished with good results?

Thanks a ton,


Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Transition technique question
on Nov 2, 2011 at 2:06:46 pm

All of the shots around 3:50 are cuts. The edit between the beach and the interior is the one I think you're talking about. It's a cut from a tie off to a tilting shot.


Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog:

Current DVD:

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved