FORUMS: list search recent posts

no audio on clip

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Graves
no audio on clip
on Nov 2, 2011 at 12:23:34 am

I just imported some converted AVI's into my FCP timeline, hit render, the waveforms show audio, but the audio just won't play along with the picture. No sound coming from those clips, even though the clips do sound when i play them on the quicktime player.

I also at the same time imported an aif music clip, and it plays fine in FCP. Both clips have the volume line up. Another AVI audio clip from another source renders and plays fine in the same FCP timeline. I'm scratching my head on this one.

These newly imported AVI clips, 3 of them, the video plays just fine, the waveforms are there in the audio clip big and bold, but the audio just doesn't play. I had converted them in the "Mp4toAVI convertor.

thanks

John

"Life is good, as long as it doesn't take up too much of my time."

-anonymous gamer

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: no audio on clip
on Nov 2, 2011 at 12:36:23 am

John,

I certain I can help you, but I need to know what you're actually trying to do in this case, as Quicktime files are native to FCP, not AVI files.

Typically, converting MP4 files is best done using MPEG Streamclip (a free app available all over the Web), or with Compressor, and the best codec would be ProRes 422.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

Don't miss my new Creative Cow Podcast: Bringing "The Whale" to the Big Screen:
http://library.creativecow.net/weiss_roth_david/Podcast-Series-2-MikeParfit...

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Nov 2, 2011 at 12:36:20 am

Did you set the conversion to make the audio uncompressed 16 or 24 bit, 48khz? FCP doesn't like compressed audio codecs so unless you converted the audio from mp4 or aac or whatever it was compressed at to uncompressed, you will have problems.

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Nov 2, 2011 at 12:39:04 am

Did you convert mp4 to AVI and import into FCP? How did you convert the avi's to? It needs to be an FCP friendly codec.

Options:
MP4 to ProRes or AVI to ProRes.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]