FORUMS: list search recent posts

...My quicktime files no longer play in FCP7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
doug branch
...My quicktime files no longer play in FCP7
on Nov 1, 2011 at 11:56:35 pm

Help quicktime files recorded in HD with a Canon Camera have stopped working in FCP7 and Quicktime 7.6.6...

i moved the drive to an older machine and it works fine...

last week these files were fine and had no problems...only thing different i have notice is the created date has changed to dec 31, 1999.

Help please i have a gun at my disposal...

thanks in advance,

Return to posts index

Jeff Meyer
Re: ...My quicktime files no longer play in FCP7
on Nov 2, 2011 at 4:25:49 am

I've heard of issues after updating to iTunes 10.5....

Return to posts index

Phil Balsdon
Re: ...My quicktime files no longer play in FCP7
on Nov 2, 2011 at 6:48:06 am

This has also happened to Quicktime files recorded on my DR-100 Firestore drive from a JVC HD111 after iTunes 10.5 was released. I'm not entirely convinced it's iTunes as I did a complete system re-install on an erased hard drive from a Snow Leopard disc. On the initial install the files played played fine. I did a system update and prevented iTunes and Quicktime 7.6 from updating but the files no longer play. Booting from an older system drive enables the same files to play.

It also happened about 2 months ago after I let Quicktime 7.6.6 upgrade, the only solution was a system re-install.

At this stage Apple are blaming the cameras etc for this problem. Convergent Design have been in touch with Apple about this, so far no solution.

I get the feeling that it's not a priority at Apple to keep their Pro customers businesses running anymore, there's far more money in iPads and iPhones and associated apps. Buy a new iPhone 4s and you'll need iTunes 10.5 too I believe.

Cinematographer, Steadicam Operator, Final Cut Pro Post Production.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved