FORUMS: list search recent posts

Reconnect Conformed Files

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
elizabeth charles
Reconnect Conformed Files
on Nov 1, 2011 at 11:27:08 pm

So I filmed my footage at 30fps but wanted to conform it to 24fps and edit with that. I didn't know how to do that at the time, so I created the apple prores file of the 30fps footage and imported that to final cut. I'm finished editing, and I've now figured out how to conform the files to 24fps using cinema tools. I conformed the files to 24fps and am now trying to reconnect the conformed files to the clips in my timeline, but i'm getting this error message "Some attributes of one or more of the files you have chosen do not match the attributes of the original. This may cause problems within the sequences that are dependent on them. The attributes that differed are as follows: -Media Start and End" every time i try.

My question is, is there anyway to change the files in my timeline to the conformed files without having to begin my editing again?

Any help with this is much appreciated!

Thx!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Reconnect Conformed Files
on Nov 2, 2011 at 12:25:06 am

[elizabeth charles] "My question is, is there anyway to change the files in my timeline to the conformed files without having to begin my editing again?"

Nope.

You did a bad thing. Editing, finishing, then changing the frame rate of your masters. FCP cannot reconnect to media with differing frame rates. Because the duration of the footage is different, and the frame rate is different. The footage has the same amount of frames..., but now they play at a different frame rate, so the duration is different. You'll have to re-edit with the new masters.

But...RECONFORM...that changes the frame rate, as well as the speed in which they play. 30fps conformed to 24fps will play in slight slow motion. If you want the footage to play at a different frame rate, but the same speed...normal speed...you need to use Compressor.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Nov 2, 2011 at 12:28:53 am

I'd kind of like to know what your goal was in this case Elizabeth? Why exactly did you want to change to 24fps???

THNX,
David

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

Don't miss my new Creative Cow Podcast: Bringing "The Whale" to the Big Screen:
http://library.creativecow.net/weiss_roth_david/Podcast-Series-2-MikeParfit...

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums.

Return to posts index

elizabeth charles
on Nov 2, 2011 at 3:57:49 am

I was conforming it to 24 so that it would play slightly slower, that's the reasoning behind it. I guess i'll just have to reedit it.

Return to posts index

elizabeth charles
on Nov 2, 2011 at 3:59:05 am

yea i did : ( thx 4 the advice!

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Nov 2, 2011 at 4:10:11 am

You can always output a quicktime file at 29.97 and then change the rate to 24 using Cinema Tools and the file will play your edit properly but slower.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Nov 2, 2011 at 5:43:08 am

[Michael Gissing] "You can always output a quicktime file at 29.97 and then change the rate to 24 using Cinema Tools and the file will play your edit properly but slower."

But the audio will also be slow.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

Don't miss my new Creative Cow Podcast: Bringing "The Whale" to the Big Screen:
http://library.creativecow.net/weiss_roth_david/Podcast-Series-2-MikeParfit...

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Nov 2, 2011 at 5:45:23 am

[David Roth Weiss] "But the audio will also be slow."

Same as the workflow she is doing anyway.

Return to posts index

elizabeth charles
on Nov 6, 2011 at 8:58:53 pm

it worked!! the pacing was a little off so i'll need to reedit it again, but i needed it to be finished for that night so it helped! thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]