FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating a Vertical Video Profile?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dustin Rosemark
Creating a Vertical Video Profile?
on Nov 1, 2011 at 8:20:56 pm

Greetings:

I am looking to create a video profile that is 1080x1440 (a vertical video profile) as opposed to 1440x1080. So I can export an image sequence in which the file has been rotated 90 degrees.

I was into the Sequence Presets and I created a profile, but it created a very unusual preset. I just flipped the numbers '1440' and '1080' around, I figured that would turn my 16:9 window into a 9:16, but it presented me with what is clearly not a 9:16 window.

Here are some photos of what I am working with, never tried this before must have over looked something. Yelp?

Return to posts index

Dustin Rosemark
Re: Creating a Vertical Video Profile?
on Nov 1, 2011 at 8:22:15 pm

Return to posts index

Matt Lyon
on Nov 2, 2011 at 2:53:06 am

Dustin,

Since you are working with still images, you'll be better off using a square pixel aspect ratio. So your settings should be:

1080x1920
pixel aspect ratio: square
field dominance: none

Your choice of codec (Apple Intermediate) is also not ideal, since it uses a reduced color space. Better off using "Uncompressed 8 or 10 bit" or one of the ProRes flavors.

Since the sequence you've created is non standard, you will also lose all real time effects in your timeline, and your output won't be compatible with any broadcast standards (but I figure this is for the web or a slideshow anyway, right?)

hth,

Matt Lyon
Editor
Toronto

Return to posts index

Dustin Rosemark
on Nov 1, 2011 at 8:25:47 pm

OH! and this is in FCP7

Return to posts index

Neil Ryan
on Dec 17, 2011 at 3:25:27 am

Something to consider, is your delivery of this sequence.
What is your final playback scenario? A file off a computer; a DVD-Video; etc...

Neil.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]