FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony V1U wont Log and Capture

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Seth Kroll
Sony V1U wont Log and Capture
on Nov 1, 2011 at 12:33:02 pm

There has been much discussion already about this, and similar topics, however none have been able to help me resolve my issue...

Recorded 30p HDV footage on a Sony V1U. When in VCR mode, the output is set to HDV (not automatic or DV), and the i.Link Convert is set to "off".

On the computer end, I am running FCP 7.0.3 on a MacPro with 2x2.66 GHx Dual-Core Intel Xeon processors, 3 GB of memory and 4TB internal storage. The computer is running OS 10.6.8. My capture settings are Sequence: ProRes 422 1440x1080 30p 48 KHz, Capture: HDV-Apple ProRes 422, and DEvice Control: Sony HDV FireWire.

When the camera is plugged in, and playing, the camera screen says HDVout and the video plays fine, however, when I hit Log and Capture in Final Cut I receive and error message that reads, "Unable to initialize HDV deck. Please make sure a deck is connected and try again."

The camera is not recognized in Quicktime or iMovie.

I find this strange because I captured footage on the same kind of tape, without changing any settings on the camera or in FCP just fine. Now I have a problem.

Any help would be greatly greatly greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Sony V1U wont Log and Capture
on Nov 1, 2011 at 8:55:46 pm

Did this happen after the OS upgrade to 10.6.8? If so it is yet another bug that this OS upgrade is causing FCP7. As it won't be fixed by Apple, you need to get back to 10.6.7 if possible.

Return to posts index

Seth Kroll
on Nov 2, 2011 at 1:16:41 pm

This is happening well after I upgraded to 10.6.8. The whole set up was working fine and then first experienced this problem a couple days later when trying to capture new footage.

Thanks,
Seth

Return to posts index

Mohamad Rashid Zahiruddin
on Sep 24, 2012 at 3:21:26 pm

I'm having the same problem as above.

After going through hours of experiment,

FINALLY, I said FINALLY, I manage to ingest footage from my camera to FCP.

I'm using

A - External Drive (mine is Maxtor One Touch III with 2 x 400 FireWire port... any drive will do provide they

2 x 400 FireWire port)

B - iMac 27-inch, Mid 2011 (Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5)

C - 6-Pin FireWire 400 to 6-Pin FireWire 400 cable (by "not sure"... I guess any brands will do)

D - Sony HDV V1U

E - 4-Pin (iLink) to 6-Pin FireWire 400 cable (by APPLE... not sure other brands... I never try).

Here is what I do...

I connect "A" to "B" using "C" into one of the 400 FireWire port. Then I connect "D" to "A" using "E" into the other 400 FireWire port.

Viola!!! FCP recognize my camera.

By the way I'm using FCP 7.0.3

Hope this help.... Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]