FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP Increased Export Times

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rury Mason
FCP Increased Export Times
on Oct 31, 2011 at 3:30:04 am

Hi,

I've been exporting a weekly web show from an HD time line now for weeks, - always to H.264, and always identical export settings. Each vid normally 5-7 mins in length, and it normally takes a couple of hours, possibly 3 or 4 (I'm working off an ancient Macbook Pro) All of a sudden my exports have gone to 11 hours onwards and sometimes don't even complete. The media is all coming from the same camera at exactly the same settings and graphics/assets are all duplicate. Can anyone maybe shed some light on why this could have changed overnight?!

Thx!

Rury.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: FCP Increased Export Times
on Oct 31, 2011 at 1:05:03 pm

Hi Rury,
You can start by trashing FC preferences and this might helps, but when FC slows down or misbehave is much more possible that the problem is out of of FC than in the very application. If your system doesn't run well no application can run well, if your HDs slow down every application that needs fast read/reading will slow down.
System a HD maintenance is important to make FC work fast.
Start by repairing Disk Permissions. If that doesn't helps I suggest you something like DiskWarrior or TechTools. make sure that your HDs are not too full. You can also check your HDs speed.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Rury Mason
on Oct 31, 2011 at 1:54:00 pm

Thx Rafael. I think i just need to upgrade to a more powerful machine... Will use disk warrior also.

Cheers - R.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Oct 31, 2011 at 2:40:15 pm

[Rury Mason] "Thx Rafael. I think i just need to upgrade to a more powerful machine... Will use disk warrior also."
The point is that if you haven't make any hardware/software change must be a reason for the slow down.
DW is great, a faster machine too :-)
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Oct 31, 2011 at 4:48:37 pm

[Rury Mason] "I've been exporting a weekly web show from an HD time line now for weeks, - always to H.264"

You should take a look into a couple different products to speed up your workflow.

The least expensive is from Elgato. The Turbo.264 HD
http://www.elgato.com/elgato/na/mainmenu/products/Turbo264HD/product1.en.ht...

The other is the Matrox MXO2 with Max line. if you have the express 34 slot in your MBPro, you can use the device.

This will significantly reduce the encode time.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Rury Mason
on Oct 31, 2011 at 4:52:47 pm

Great thx - Will look into most def.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved