FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting a 13 minute HD movie as a 1920X1080 Quicktime file in FInal Cut PRo, but it error out becuase the file is too big

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
CHristopher Eric Outridge
Exporting a 13 minute HD movie as a 1920X1080 Quicktime file in FInal Cut PRo, but it error out becuase the file is too big
on Oct 31, 2011 at 1:10:53 am

I am having some problems with exporting a 13 minute HD file from my FInal CUt Pro 7 sequence into a HD 1920 X 1080 HD file. The file was burning for about an hour and a half, but it errored out becuase "the file size is too big"

My footage was shot HD 24p on a CANON 55D. I exported a 5 minute file with this same footage and it burned out fine. IS the file size really too big to make the full 13 minute movie?

Please let me know, I'm trying to have this done before midnight.

THANK YOU to anyone who can help.

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: Exporting a 13 minute HD movie as a 1920X1080 Quicktime file in FInal Cut PRo, but it error out becuase the file is too big
on Oct 31, 2011 at 1:41:48 am

You want a self-contained Movie or a DVD?

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Re: Exporting a 13 minute HD movie as a 1920X1080 Quicktime file in FInal Cut PRo, but it error out becuase the file is too big
on Oct 31, 2011 at 1:58:31 am

I want an self contained HD movie that I can post onto YOUTUBE. Any Ideas?

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Oct 31, 2011 at 4:24:31 pm

Not gonna happen. You are going to need to make a h.264.

Export a Self contained QT Movie from FCP and drop that into Compressor. Choose a h.264 setting and choose 5000k data rate.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
on Oct 31, 2011 at 9:26:06 pm

Outta Hard-Drive space?

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

on Nov 5, 2011 at 4:04:55 pm

Hey Steve Eisen, I just went to Export>Quicktime Movie in order to export a self contained quicktime movie of my 13 minute HD file, but the burn ended after 7% with a FILE ERROR : ILLEGAL NAME message. Any thoughts on what went wrong? I really need to export this out to HD.

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
on Nov 5, 2011 at 4:12:44 pm

What are your doing when you say BURN???? Are you just exporting?

File Export (CMD E)
Give it a name - go.

Should take 2 minutes tops.

Take the exported file and drop it into your compression program to create your deliverables.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

on Nov 5, 2011 at 6:16:28 pm

Sorry i said burn, I am actually EXPORTING the file.

I just tried File Export (CMD E) and I received the same error. The file reaches about 5% and I get an error message saying FILE ERROR : ILLEGAL NAME. I am naming the file TAPEMEREEL1FINALMOVIE(forcompression).mov.

Is my file name too long? Shoudl I not have characters in my file name? any thoughts?

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Nov 5, 2011 at 6:31:12 pm

[CHristopher Eric Outridge] "Shoudl I not have characters in my file name?"

Definitely take out the parentheses. Those are known as "illegal characters" in the business. Look up the term in the FCP Manual sometime.

If that doesn't work then you have another issue.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

Don't miss my new Creative Cow Podcast: Bringing "The Whale" to the Big Screen:
http://library.creativecow.net/weiss_roth_david/Podcast-Series-2-MikeParfit...

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums.

Return to posts index

on Nov 5, 2011 at 9:13:39 pm

excellent, it worked. the parenthesis were doing me in. thanks everyone for your help on this.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]