FORUMS: list search recent posts

Changing Codecs

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nina Slabber
Changing Codecs
on Oct 30, 2011 at 9:48:43 am

I am very new to editing and have been slowly teaching myself this year. I am editing a short film that I shot on 16mm. I got it back from the lab 10-bit uncompressed which I took through Mpeg Streamclip to change to Pro Res Proxys. I then synced the sound (90mins of footage!) and edited an assembly cut. I then re opened the project and seemed to have corrupted files (error messages). After 3 days of battling that technical problem (I had so much advise and suggestions) I was advised to NOT edit in pro res proxy but rather take original footage through Compressor and convert to DV PAL. I did this, which took overnight, deleted my proxys (which I think might have been a mistake) and relinked the media to the DV Pal. The timeline plays perfectly but when I open a clip from the browser the whole labroll comes up in the viewer but the picture is just all black with only the actual clip section of video playing. Oh and of course NO SOUND! What is my best route? Re sync? Start all over again? I have a deadline of first cut tomorrow and can't think anymore after a long weekend of trouble shooting. Any advise would be appreciated.

Regards, Nina.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]