FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting will not go past 7% WHY????

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chancler Haynes
Exporting will not go past 7% WHY????
on Oct 29, 2011 at 9:27:11 pm

Hello, I'm trying to export a clip that is 2h55m. I've tried all kinds of compression settings. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm eventually trying to get this compressed down to fit on a DVD.

H.264
HD

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: Exporting will not go past 7% WHY????
on Oct 29, 2011 at 10:37:50 pm

Make sure your timeline is completely rendered. Check all under Sequence/Render, Render All, Render Only.

Export QuickTime Movie (reference movie) from FCP not Export Using QuickTime Conversion.

For Data DVD, drop that file into Compressor and choose an h.264 setting.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Oct 29, 2011 at 11:18:24 pm

If it is a playable authored DVD then H264 is the wrong codec. You need an m2v for that.

Return to posts index

Daniel Frome
on Oct 29, 2011 at 11:21:08 pm

Go to the 7% mark on your timeline. There's a good chance that you've got a file corruption issue.

First, see if you can repeat the error with marking an in/out point on the timeline. If so - narrow the in/out down each time until you know precisely where the timeline crashes. Then remove that file from the timeline and see if you can export.

If this turns out to be the culprit, you may still be able to use the corrupt file, just with a slightly different in or out point.

I had such an instance on a reality TV show a few years back... while working as an assistant editor I had to shave 2 frames off the end of a clip, and that solved it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]