FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio bleed issues (driving me nuts)...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phil Smith
Audio bleed issues (driving me nuts)...
on Oct 28, 2011 at 9:59:16 pm

This is a truly weird problem, and in the meantime I have a way to output the files for delivery, but I just wanted to throw this out there and see if anyone has run across this before:

Summary:
- 30 minute project, ProRes422.
- The 30-minute sequence is made up of 7 sequences, separated by 30second spots. All of the 7 sequences and the spots are exactly the same format/settings.
- All footage was transcoded from XDCAM 422 to ProRes422 before the sequences were built.

Problem:
ONLY when rendering out the full 30 minute sequence, the exported movie has spikes in the scoring. The music literally jumps 12dB for 5-15 frames, then goes back to normal. I have gone through all of the tracks, sequences, looked at the source files, and even rebuilt the 30-minute sequence from scratch.

If I render out the sections alone, no problems. 2 at a time, no problems. But if all 7 sections are rendered together, the problems come back. The effect is completely random, and doesn't stay in the same place with every render.

Any thoughts?

Return to posts index

Harry Bromley-Davenport
Re: Audio bleed issues (driving me nuts)...
on Oct 29, 2011 at 7:43:31 pm

Are the music files in your timeline .mp3?

If so, I suggest that you replace those .mp3 tracks with .aif versions, or transcode them to .aif. You can do this in the Quicktime application.

Open the .mp3 file in QT, go to EDIT > EXPORT (as .aif) and stick it back in the timeline.

Let me know how you get on. I bet it works.

Best

Harry.

Return to posts index

Phil Smith
Re: Audio bleed issues (driving me nuts)...
on Oct 31, 2011 at 5:44:04 pm

Unfortunately, no. All music and effects that were used in the piece were uncompressed WAV files.

I got the project out, but I'm going to keep this discussion going to see if I there's anyway to resolve... :-

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]