FORUMS: list search recent posts

A buddy of mine (producer) is trying to edit video (xdcam)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Karl Compton
A buddy of mine (producer) is trying to edit video (xdcam)
on Oct 28, 2011 at 1:06:37 am

This is what he says:

"I took that drive to agency, they used xdcam viewer to open and mark the clips. All are there,..I can use xdcam viewr to open and see the clips with their marks,. But when I open final cut and try to import these folders, I get a file error message, EX: File error: 109 file(s) recognized, 0 access denied, 165 unknown.
I just wanna start from scratch, open final cut, import these folders and see the video,. But instead what comes in after the error message is bmav folder/clr folder, which will have one clip, an mp.4, imported, and another clip, .sim, which has "did not load" message,.."

I'm not exactly sure what he is talking about. I'm guessing that the marks that were placed on the video in xdcam viewer will not be imported into FCP but I cant figure out why he cant import the video into FCP. I know for a fact that he has all the necessary xdcam-FCP plugins. Any ideas? Thanks for the help!

Return to posts index

adam taylor
Re: A buddy of mine (producer) is trying to edit video (xdcam)
on Oct 28, 2011 at 8:24:11 am

its a long time since i used any xdcam, so i may be way off here - but i think he might need to use Log & Transfer to bring the files in, rather than just Import.

Adam Taylor
Video Editor/Audio Mixer/ Compositor/Motion GFX/Barista
Character Options Ltd
Oldham, UK

http://www.sculptedbliss.co.uk
My YouTube Animations Page

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
on Oct 28, 2011 at 6:15:51 pm

If your folder structure isn't in tact then Log&Transfer won't be able to read the files on the card (or hard drive in the BPAV folder).

FCP won't take .mp4 files. You need to rewrap them into a .mov container. XDCAM Transfer (where they set in and out points) does this just fine. Log&Transfer can as well provided all of the card structure (mp4, xml, etc.) is in tact exactly how it was on the card.

It sounds like you need to get those mp4's into a mov format and you should be good to role (also provided that his computer does in fact have the XDCAM codec installed).

Ryan

Return to posts index

Andrew Rendell
on Oct 29, 2011 at 9:46:49 am

It just occurs to me that when you use the log&transfer to import via XDCam Transfer, the import isn't instantaneous (it can take a while for big files) and if you haven't got the activity window open it's not entirely obvious that anything's happening. So check that, it might be that the files are importing but he can't see it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]