FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export Duration Report

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ed McCarthy
Export Duration Report
on Oct 27, 2011 at 10:36:25 pm

Greetings,

I need to export a report that basically lists a file name followed by the duration of that video file. I am working in FCP 7, but I have to export quicktimes for each job, so I don't have to use FCP to accomplish this.

Here is what I'm doing:

1) Each job consists of 15-20 "chapters" that are broken up using individual sequences.

2) I then batch export the chapters as quicktimes.

3) I then export mp3's and three different h264 mp4 videos for each chapter.

4) I then need to submit (over email) a list that contains the names of each chapter as well as the duration for each.

Anybody know a convenient way to get this done? At one point I found an old applescript that could manage this using audio files, so I just pointed it to a folder full of mp3's and it exported a text file with each file name and duration. However, this stopped working for some reason (possibly due to OS updates?) and I don't know enough to figure out why.

I am willing to purchase software that would handle this task, as doing them by hand is not an option. There are hundreds of these to do.

---Many thanks

Return to posts index

Ed McCarthy
Re: Export Duration Report
on Nov 1, 2011 at 11:17:17 pm

I apologize for bumping this, but does anybody have any ideas? Sorry, I'm just under a deadline and the prospect of doing this by hand is not appealing.

To simplify:

I have a folder full of quicktime files. I need to grab the duration of each and bring it into excel. I could also do this within FCP if there's a way to handle it there, prior to export.

thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]