FORUMS: list search recent posts

compression stalling out when trying to burn blu-ray

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathan Lehner
compression stalling out when trying to burn blu-ray
on Oct 27, 2011 at 6:18:20 pm

I'm trying to send about 1hr 45min of HDV footage (wedding) to a Blu-Ray disk. From the timeline I'm using the "Share" option in the file menu and sending strait to my Blu-ray burner. It starts the compression process but has been stalling out after 4 hours and 23 minutes of "processing" and says "about 13 min 53 sec remaining." Tried it three times. . . same result.

I burned this same footage to blu-ray about 9 months ago using the same equipment and process. The only thing different is that I just added about 15 more minutes of footage. Any idea's what is going on here?

Thanks,
nate

Return to posts index

Brad Wright
Re: compression stalling out when trying to burn blu-ray
on Oct 29, 2011 at 2:44:45 pm

I've had this problem when burning Blu-ray. What you need is to render to a stand alone Quicktime file and then import that file into Compressor. The reason for this is that you don't want to tie up FCP while you are rendering a Blu-ray which could take 10 hours. Also, FCP eats memory like crazy, so you don't what that running on top of encoding. I ran into some issues with long videos such as 45 minutes or longer and compressor. I upgrade to the new version of Compressor and haven't checked yet to see if the issue is fixed. Sadly, Apple has been on a crusade against all optical disks.

Return to posts index

Nathan Lehner
on Nov 2, 2011 at 9:44:32 pm

Thanks. So if I understand correctly... export the sequence to a quicktime file then send that file to compressor? I don't see a Blu-ray option in compressor (version 3.5.3) am I missing something? The next question I have is how do I author the Blu-ray from Compressor? I thought the only way was to send right from FCP using the "Share" menu.

I appreciate your help greatly!

nate

Return to posts index

Brad Wright
on Nov 2, 2011 at 9:49:01 pm

Yes, it's in there. There's an option to compress and burn a BD in compressor. Look in the Help menu. It's in compressor 3 and 4.

Brad Wright is software engineer, so often hard to figure out what he is talking about. He is always happy to explain answers further.

Return to posts index

Nathan Lehner
on Nov 3, 2011 at 8:35:19 pm

Alright, got that figured out. Thanks. Unfortunately now it failed saying "Volume's file size limit exceeded" I have the average bit rate set at 22 and max at 30 and that says it should fit 132 minutes and my video is 105 minutes? Any ideas?

Thanks,
Nate

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]