FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio popping mystery

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erik Hogan
Audio popping mystery
on Oct 27, 2011 at 5:32:45 pm

Hey everyone...

I can't find anything on this happening to anyone else, please help!

I am running Final Cut Express and am currently in post production on a short film I produced this summer...

There is a sequence in the movie where the guy says the same word 16 times in a row in RAPID succession for comic effect....and each shot is a separate shot of him saying the word is at different times while he is driving in a car talking to someone.

Now, when I first edited the sequence there was that slight popping noise between each audio transition to which I cured with a little 'audio cross fade 0db' (which I use throughout the entire movie and it works beautifully, problem solved!) The first rough cut of the movie I edited in one giant SEQUENCE in that PROJECT.

In an effort to keep everything clean and organized for the final cut...I managed to separate the movie into 8 SEQUENCES and started a new PROJECT called 'Whole Movie' to which I threw all 8 Sequences into. That way I can just open up 'Whole Movie'...click on which SEQUENCE I want to clean up and work on. Great. And I am almost done...

Here is the mystery...

The particular SEQUENCE that has that car scene with the rapid fire succession of the word...sounds great when I click on that sequence and play it back. If flows beautifully with no popping between audio transitions thanks to cross fade. HOWEVER...

When I play the movie as a whole in 'Whole Movie' (With just the 8 SEQUENCES back to back) That audio popping in that scene is as blatant as the day is long...it's as if the cross fades disappeared. I click on that particular SEQUENCE to find the problem...the cross fades are there...and when I play it back within the sequence itself...it sounds great. Click back to 'Whole Movie'... pop, pop, pop.

Is this just a playback error or will those pops show up when I export 'Whole Movie' ? Or should I just drag everything when I'm done back into one giant sequence?

Let me know!
Thanks!

Hogan

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Audio popping mystery
on Oct 27, 2011 at 9:38:25 pm

Try mixing down the audio. If that fails, then try exporting it, then cutting that exported file into your sequence.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Audio popping mystery
on Oct 27, 2011 at 10:13:49 pm

An alternative is to just make a file of that dialog edit and drop it back in.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]