FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adding a cupcake or sensor over footage in FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michelle Orpe
Adding a cupcake or sensor over footage in FCP
on Oct 27, 2011 at 5:22:13 pm

Hi Guys

I'm doing a family video for my friend and there is a bit of footage just after his baby is born of his wife but her boob is showing, he wants me to put in a censor block or a picture of a cupcake or something over the bit of boob that is showing and I have no idea how to do this, can anyone help?

Thanks
Michelle

Michelle Orpe
http://www.michelleorpe.com

Return to posts index

Michael Lynch
Re: Adding a cupcake or sensor over footage in FCP
on Oct 27, 2011 at 5:58:17 pm

One way is to import your cupcake image or create a black box via Effects>video generators>Shapes . Place your shape, cupcake whatever, on the track above the main footage, size an position accordingly via the motion tab.

Here's where it gets a bit tricky - you'll need to keyframe the position of the shape to follow her movements via the center function within the basic motion area of the motion tab. If she doesn't move much it will be easy, if she moves a lot - more keyframing for you.

Someone may have an easier way, but this will work Let me know if you need more info.

MacPro 3.0GHz 8 Core - 12GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4870; FCS3; AE; CS4

Return to posts index

Joey Goodsell
Re: Adding a cupcake or sensor over footage in FCP
on Oct 29, 2011 at 3:33:25 am

Just duplicate your layers (Option+shift). Crop down to the offending area (Motion tab>crop>l,r,t,b). Add a filter such as blur or whatever you want. Render and done. Since the cropped video is identical it will always the cropped area will always follow the layer below. Easier than keyframing.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]