FORUMS: list search recent posts

Black outline on unmatted clips in Final Cut Pro 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryce Graven
Black outline on unmatted clips in Final Cut Pro 7
on Oct 26, 2011 at 1:03:42 am

Hello all,
I have searched everywhere and cannot find an answer to this. Here's what's happening.

I am keying greenscreen footage in After Effects CS5 and exporting as ProRes4444 with an unmatted alpha channel setting. I can import the clips into Final Cut Pro just fine and layer them together without any problem (which took quite a while to get right).

The problem is that as soon as I move the clip in any way off of its original axis (change scale, center, etc) the clip gets an outline as if it were pre-multiplied with a black matte. It does not make sense to me that moving a clip would add an outline.

I tried to do the same thing in Premiere Pro and had no problems, except that I am much slower in that program, and so is the RT capability on clips of that file size.

I would just edit the whole thing in After Effects, but since it is a music video, I would like to see everything in real-time with audio playing.

I can only notice the outline when I am on a white background, but it really makes it look like rookie greenscreen footage with the outline.

Any help is appreciated.

BTW.. I am on a Macbook Pro Quad i7 2.2ghz running Snow Leo 10.6.8 with Final Cut Studio 3.

Return to posts index

Neil Ryan
Re: Black outline on unmatted clips in Final Cut Pro 7
on Oct 26, 2011 at 5:23:48 am

I have seen something similar to what you describe, in my work. But the outline disappears once the clip is rendered.
What happens once you render your clip?

Neil.

- - - - - - - - -
Neil Ryan
Post Production Protagonist

- - - - - - - - -

Return to posts index

Bryce Graven
Re: Black outline on unmatted clips in Final Cut Pro 7
on Oct 26, 2011 at 5:50:31 am

You're a genius!!! Thanks for the quick reply. Once I exported to quicktime the outline disappeared. Well the bright side to all of this is I learned how to use Premiere in the meantime, and learned quite a few things about compositing. Thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]