FORUMS: list search recent posts

White balance or color correction

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tushar patel
White balance or color correction
on Oct 22, 2011 at 7:45:55 pm

have wedding reception clips A (45 min) and B(1 hr.).. white balance for clip A was not properly adjusted and picture is blue VS clip B was correctly adjusted and looks fine....how do I bring clip A to match with clip B....can I copy the look of clip B and apply to clip A? I do not want to go extensive way of doing the match if there is a tool that can let me correct the things with few clips. Footage is HD422-59.94i and working with Final cut pro 7.0.3 and also have Matrox MXO2 LE with Mac Pro 12 cores. Please advice

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: White balance or color correction
on Oct 22, 2011 at 8:01:46 pm

Use 3 way color corrector filter. Use picker to select what should be white and what should be black and adjust accordingly.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Neil Patience
on Oct 22, 2011 at 8:19:09 pm

You cant copy the look of clip B to clip A as there is no filter or anything applied to clip B that can be copied.

One way to attack this might be:

Put a shot from the good camera and the bad camera next to eachother in the timeline - a few secs of something representitive of each will do.

Use the 3 way colour corrector to remove the blue cast from the A clips using the B clip as a visual reference.

If the white balance was consistantly wrong this should be easier to correct as the error will broadly be the same throughout.

Once you have a setting that you are happy with you can edit your sequence, leaving the 'blue camera' as is for now.

When you have a finished sequence simply right click on your corrected clip and select "copy"
Then select all of your other uncorrected A clips and right click "paste attributes" and select "filters".
That will apply the same colour correction to all of the clips at once.

You may find it easier to edit your sequence with 2 video layers. Put all the A clips on one layer and all of the B clips on another where possible.
That way its much easier to pick them out for the copy/paste process.
You could also use 2 different colour labels to make them easy to spot in the timeline if 2 layers is a problem.

You can also save the filter to your bin and simply apply it to any clips that need it as well but the advantage of the cut/paste is you do them all in one hit.

Obviously this would not be such a good method if you had a lot of variations in error or white balance but for a consistant blue cast its worth a go.

You can then tweak any that need adjustment individually.

best wishes
Neil
http://www.patience.tv

Return to posts index

tushar patel
on Nov 3, 2011 at 9:20:23 pm

Thanks Steve and Neil.....It worked as you have suggested....able to match the clips. Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]