FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to Import Existing Logo to use as watermark?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lawrence Richards
How to Import Existing Logo to use as watermark?
on Oct 22, 2011 at 3:28:48 pm

Hi All!

I've been searching through the YouTube tutorials and here as well and not finding what I'm looking for; I need to take an existing logo and then import it to then be used as a watermark or bug. The video is for a home builder so the idea I have is pretty typical; to go from a full screen logo shot that then dissolves into video dissolves of various shots the home plans etc all the while with that same logo somewhere in frame.

Thank you!

Larry

Thank you!

Larry R.
Florida

Return to posts index

Gareth Randall
Re: How to Import Existing Logo to use as watermark?
on Oct 22, 2011 at 4:33:59 pm

Hi Larry,

Your client needs to provide you with a high-resolution copy of his logo that you can use full-screen for the opening part of the video. Then just duplicate it, resize it with the Motion tab, and reposition it in the corner of the screen. Takes five seconds.

If you don't want the watermark/bug to be a solid box with the logo inside, then you either have to ask if the client has the logo complete with embedded alpha channel, or you'll have to use something like Photoshop, Pixelmator or Motion (the app, not the tab in FCP) to create a mask for it. You might be able to use a blend mode or a chroma/lumakey filter to remove the background too.

Return to posts index

Keila Borges
Re: How to Import Existing Logo to use as watermark?
on Oct 22, 2011 at 7:18:40 pm

quite simple. use a tiff with alpha (you do it on photoshop).
tell us if it helps.

Keila B
post prod co-ordinator
rio de janeiro - brasil

"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving" AE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]