FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon EOS FCP Log and Transfer plugin misbehaving, "invalid directory structure" on some, not on others

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Graham Hutchins
Canon EOS FCP Log and Transfer plugin misbehaving, "invalid directory structure" on some, not on others
on Oct 20, 2011 at 12:20:31 am

Hello all,

I'm trying to go back and review some 5D footage sitting in my most recent project (Project A) folder. None of the 5D card folders from Project A will mount in FCP Log and Transfer.

I've gone back through a few previous projects and mounted disk images I created from card data, as well as card data that lives in folders, and the disk images seem to load fine, the folder cards are about 50/50 loading and not loading.

I've tried creating disk images of Project A's card data. L&T thinks about the disk image that mounts on the OS and while I'm not getting the "invalid directory structure" error, the card is still not loading. I've also experienced a couple of crashes on one of my Mac Pros and on my laptop trying to load the card folders.

My two Mac Pros and laptop are on 10.6.8 with the most recent security and pro apps patches applied. The Mac mini that I tried out is on 10.6.8, but behind a security and pro apps update. One of the Mac Pros is a fresh OS install that's about 3 weeks old. I am using the most recent 1.2 version of the EOS FCP plugin. All of my systems are experiencing this issue.

From some of what I've read, the EOS plug doesn't play nice with 10.6.8, so that may have something to do with it.

I'm curious if others are experiencing this or have any insight into the issue.

Thank you for your time.

-Graham

OSX 10.6.8
AE CS5
FC Studio 3
Octo 2.26GB MacPro, 16 GB RAM

Return to posts index

Graham Hutchins
Re: Canon EOS FCP Log and Transfer plugin misbehaving, "invalid directory structure" on some, not on others
on Oct 20, 2011 at 12:49:12 am

Ok, so I've fixed the issue (sort of).

I uninstalled the the EOS plugin. Directions are on page two of the pdf here.

I reinstalled the v1.1 plugin that I happened to have on hand on the Mac mini. Everything works now.

I tried to update to v1.2 and it broke EOS L&T again. Uninstalled and reinstalled v1.1, fixed.

So there you have it. It's a good thing I've abandoned trying to do a proxy offline/online workflow with the 5D.

-Graham

OSX 10.6.8
AE CS5
FC Studio 3
Octo 2.26GB MacPro, 16 GB RAM

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]