FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sending already-edited clips to Soundtrack

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matty Smith
Sending already-edited clips to Soundtrack
on Oct 19, 2011 at 8:36:42 pm

I have a quick question regarding sending clips to Soundtrack. I've got a sequence all edited, but a few of the clips need some noise removal from Soundtrack. I've done it before on a case-by-case basis, but I was wondering what the easiest way to send the clips to Soundtrack would be that would allow me to do a noise removal that applies to all the edited clips of a specific shot.

Sorry if I'm having trouble describing what I'm doing-- basically, I've got a one and a half minute shot cut apart and edited with others, and I'd like to do the same noise removal across that whole clip rather than each individual part as I've cut them. Is there a way to do this?

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Sending already-edited clips to Soundtrack
on Oct 20, 2011 at 7:53:01 pm

You can do that if all the footage was shot in the same location at the same time. Soundtrack samples the bkg noise to do noise reduction, but if the character of the bkg changes, then you can't use the same sample for all the instances. I'm not at my computer so can't give you exact directions, but you can save a preset of a noise reduction pass and then apply it to other clips. How to do that is fairly straight-forward, but check the manual for the details.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]