FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro Problem

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>

Gabriel Lahovary
Final Cut Pro Problem
on Oct 19, 2011 at 7:00:34 am

Hello!

I must have som help beacuse my musicmovie must be finsihed untill today. I have a movie their i had used filters like colour correction and interlace. When i export with USING QUICKTIME CONVERSION and have

keyfram 10

bitrate 6000

faster encode

size 1920x1080 HD 16:9

its not a problem the movie works fine all the way.

But when i export with QUICKTIME MOVIE it dosent work. Some clips are frozen and some are beeing misscoloured. None of them have interlace. Its the same clips that dosent work everytime i had export with QM. I have tried to replace these clips but the same thing is happening. I dont understand why i cant use quicktime movie but it works with quicktime conversion.

If you have an e-mail i can send you just the part where this happening.

Please help me!

Thanks Gabriel

Return to posts index

Andrew Rendell
Re: Final Cut Pro Problem
on Oct 19, 2011 at 8:10:44 am

More info needed

What's your computer spec and software version?

What codec is your quicktime export and how are you viewing it?
(It's possible that your computer can't handle the high data rate of a full quality export unless you reimport it back into your editing software, so your quicktime might be ok and you just can't monitor it properly, but that's a wild guess without more info)

Have you tried using Compressor to process the qt to something better for viewing?
(If the problems you're seeing with the full quality one are replicated through to, say, a medium res H264 then that would confirm that the qt is faulty rather than your monitoring)

Which codec did you use for your quicktime conversion?

[I'll check back here later but I'm cutting for fast turnaround tx today, so maybe if you can answer those questions someone else will think of something before I get back.]

Return to posts index

Gabriel Lahovary
on Oct 19, 2011 at 8:32:27 am

I have done 10 min until 20 mins lång videos using compressor and using QUICKTIME MOVIE. So this is the first time this hanppens for me. This video is 4 mins lång and its just 180 mb with exporting with USING QICKTIME CONVERSION.I have never before used colour correction or interlace, but my friend who workes with video sad my computer can handle this but he dont understand why these clips been like this everytime.

My computer are Macbook Pro 13" (the newest one, bought in june)
info:

13 tum: 2,3 GHz
2,3 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
4 GB 1333 MHz
500 GB (5400 varv/minute)1
Intel HD Graphics 3000

I have software: 10.6.8

Im new at this, how do you mean how im vewing it, or what is codec? When i export with QICKTIME MOVIE. I dont change something, just have it like it is from the beginning. I just click okey.

The strange thing is that the exporting are just 5-10 seconds long, then the exporting is already done. When i have exported my old 8-10 minutes long videos it have been exporting for like 2-3 houres. And in this movies i had no filters, just the clips and some dissvolpe. isent that strange that its exporting so fast with QUICKTIME MOVIE?

Return to posts index

Phil Balsdon
on Oct 19, 2011 at 9:12:13 am

Export a Quicktime self contained movie with current settings.

Use compressor to convert the exported movie to the new settings.

Cinematographer, Steadicam Operator, Final Cut Pro Post Production.
http://philming.com.au
http://www.steadi-onfilms.com.au/

Return to posts index

Gabriel Lahovary
on Oct 19, 2011 at 9:23:25 am

Hello Phil Balsdon!

When i export with QUICKTIME MOVIE i use

CURRENT SETTINGS
VIDEO AND AUDIO
and NONE

and this dosent work for me. this exporting make some clips misscoloured, and frozen. But it works with USING QUICKTIME CONVERSION.

Return to posts index

Gabriel Lahovary
on Oct 19, 2011 at 11:17:24 am

I know that compressor can be a way. But i have never had a problem to just export this simple way with Quicktime Movie. I had exported this way sometimes before without any problem, so i want to know the why this happening to me. Beacuse i know a good way to export. The thing i meanched in the begning with USING QUICKTIME CONVERSION.

So what should ill try to do to make it work to export this video with Quicktime Movie.

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Oct 19, 2011 at 12:05:33 pm

Try completely rendering your timeline.

If you are new at this, please read the manual it is very helpful and gives you detailed instructions.

You can find it by selecting the HELP menu in FCP.

We are all on deadlines.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Gabriel Lahovary
on Oct 19, 2011 at 12:13:41 pm

Render again? I dont have something to render. Or how do you mean? Everything is finsihed with the video.

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Oct 19, 2011 at 12:52:34 pm

You need to double and triple check that your timeline is completely rendered. Go into your render settings and make sure all settings are checked.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Gabriel Lahovary
on Oct 19, 2011 at 12:57:00 pm

OK!

i have no red lines and if its not rendered it will show up in the preview window? Or can not rendered this misscolour, forzen som clips? i will check it as fast as i can

Return to posts index

Gabriel Lahovary
on Oct 19, 2011 at 12:58:09 pm

cant i mail someone here and you can fast look at it and maybe understand what had happened?

Return to posts index

Alan Okey
on Oct 19, 2011 at 4:31:04 pm

What kind of camera was your movie shot with? Was it a DSLR? How did you bring your footage into Final Cut Pro?

I'm guessing that you edited h.264 footage natively in FCP, which would result in problems.

Return to posts index

Gabriel Lahovary
on Oct 20, 2011 at 11:21:17 am

Exactly. My friend told me he convert all his films to 422 ProPres if i remebered correctly. Its a bigger file when you hade convert and you always in the end export to H.264 so its strange but you get rid of all problems. Is this what ou also meent Alan?

The thing is that i never had this problem before. i have cut like 5-6 movies and took the h.264 file directly from my Canon 7D in to final cut. This is the first time this happened like its frozen or misscolured. My friend have had the same problem and never understod why.

Yesterday Final Cut acted really really strange. When i clicked on a clip it shown upp on the left thier you choose your in and outs. But on the right on the "timeline preview" another clip is shown, who is on a another place. And the same thing happenedes when i tryed to play the movie. Wrong clips are shown in wrong places. But when i just moved the clip upp and back to its right place its showing like it should be (excuse my bad english).

Have somebody ever had this problem? isit because i have the original h.264 file?

Are this an incommen problem when you have H.264 files in Final Cut.

Return to posts index

Alan Okey
on Oct 20, 2011 at 4:22:14 pm

[Gabriel Lahovary] "Have somebody ever had this problem? isit because i have the original h.264 file?

Are this an incommen problem when you have H.264 files in Final Cut.
"

If you search this forum for "h.264," you will find hundreds of posts all saying the same thing:

FCP 7 and earlier have problems working with native h.264 footage. For best results, always transcode to ProRes first before editing.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]