FORUMS: list search recent posts

Reconnecting Sync Issue

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brendon Marotta
Reconnecting Sync Issue
on Oct 18, 2011 at 9:07:10 pm

I had to reconnect the media in a sequence, and now it's all out of sync.

The full story - the project was cut on a friends computer in FCP 6. I copied it to one of my drives, and upgraded the projected to FCP 7, as I don't own 6. I then had to reconnect all the media. When I did, the entire 30 min sequence was out of sync. I know, because the audio was recorded separately, and I can see the difference between the correct audio from the H4N zoom and the out of sync clips with their in camera mic.

My question is, how can I bring this in sync? I can see based on the audio where the cuts should be - is it best to reconnect in some way or is there a way to move the clips based on the audio I have that won't cost me tons of post time (we are on a deadline that is pretty strict)?

Thanks for the help, this could majorly aid out project.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Reconnecting Sync Issue
on Oct 18, 2011 at 11:06:02 pm

Is all the audio 48khz and the sequence also set to 48 khz? It is possible also that you have been bitten by the FCP bug/feature that stamps wav files with a timecode base different to the sequence you are working in.

Read Matt Lyons tutorial on fixing wrong assets via XML. If it is your problem, you might be able to fix it entirely at the project level, rather than resync individual clips.

http://library.creativecow.net/lyon_matt/fixing-fcp-assets/1

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]