FORUMS: list search recent posts

how do I force a frame size when exporting to .m4v

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Rich
how do I force a frame size when exporting to .m4v
on Oct 18, 2011 at 7:12:56 pm

I am exporting an HD project 1920x1080p 29.97 from FCP 7. My client has asked for a version with frame size=570wide in m4v. I am having trouble exporting to these specs.

Quicktime conversion will not change any options when exporting for an apple device (the only way I know to get .m4v).

Compressor will not let me enter a custom frame size in any of the "H.264 for apple devices" option (again the only way I know to get .m4v).

Is there another way to get this result?

If I use compressor to export a QuickTime H.264 in these dimensions and force .m4v as my extension in the settings within my inspector in compressor will that produce the same result (since both use H.264 as the compression)?

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: how do I force a frame size when exporting to .m4v
on Oct 18, 2011 at 10:14:10 pm

I'm not in front of my edit computer, but in Compressor you should be able to specify screen dimensions in the Geometry section. Also, be sure to turn on Frame Controls and use a high-quality setting for Re-sizing.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Ben Rich
Re: how do I force a frame size when exporting to .m4v
on Oct 18, 2011 at 10:24:41 pm

True usually you can for most compression formats but for some reason the dimensions fields under geometry are greyed out and un-editable when H264 for Apple Devices is selected. And I haven't found anything yet that makes those fields available.

Ben Rich
Videographer | Technologist
https://www.facebook.com/BenRichFilm

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]