FORUMS: list search recent posts

Render Question

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jess Phillimore
Render Question
on Oct 18, 2011 at 10:11:34 am

Hi,

I am working on a new system - the computer is a Corei7 iMac, and I'm using FCP7. I'm editing with some Canon 5D footage which I've converted through a normal workflow into ProResLT footage, and made the sequence match. Now, when there is no render required then everything is working fine.

My problem is that every so often I'm importing footage with different specifications - just small inserts of about 3 seconds. The render bar comes up green, red or orange at different times. But when I come to render, I'm needing to render for about 5 minutes - for 3 seconds.

Even when changing the playback settings, and playback resolution quality the problem exists.

Does anyone know what this could be? Could it be that the systems storage is severely bottlenecked?

Any thought would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jess

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Render Question
on Oct 18, 2011 at 4:51:11 pm

[Jess Phillimore] "My problem is that every so often I'm importing footage with different specifications - just small inserts of about 3 seconds. The render bar comes up green, red or orange at different times. But when I come to render, I'm needing to render for about 5 minutes - for 3 seconds."

You'll have to divulge what the codec is of those other clips. We don't guess very well. I'd imagine they are probably clips that FCP doesn't recognize as editable or realtime codecs, but you'll have to look in the "compressor" column in the browser to tell us what you see there.

[Jess Phillimore] "Could it be that the systems storage is severely bottlenecked?"

Sure! That's always a huge potential problem.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

Don't miss my new Creative Cow Podcast: Bringing "The Whale" to the Big Screen:
http://library.creativecow.net/weiss_roth_david/Podcast-Series-2-MikeParfit...

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]