FORUMS: list search recent posts

Workflow Question - working with different file types / frame rates / resolutions

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Nelson
Workflow Question - working with different file types / frame rates / resolutions
on Oct 18, 2011 at 7:18:35 am

Hello,

I'm an audio engineer by trade but am increasingly finding myself working in Final Cut Pro 7 for multimedia projects. I'm adequate with the basics, but I find myself starting a project that is a bit more complex than usual. I'm creating an audio slide show with sound (no problem there), photos, and multiple video file formats. I understand how to deal with the photos, but I'm a bit lost with how to prepare and deal with the multiple video formats. This is what I'm working with:

File Type #1: Canon 7D: 1920x1080p (29.97 fps) - I typically convert these using Compressor to Apple ProRes 422 HQ.

File Type #2: Canon 7D: 1280x720p (59.94 fps)

File Type #3: Canon XA10: 1920x1080i (60i).

The final product will be for high def web posting on vimeo... but I'd like to create as pristine of a master as possible. Can anyone suggest how I should prepare my session so as to make these formats play nicely with one another?

Thanks in advance for your help! I've learned a lot perusing these forums. I've grateful for your contributions!

Chris

Return to posts index

Emmet Reddy
Re: Workflow Question - working with different file types / frame rates / resolutions
on Oct 18, 2011 at 10:15:53 am

this guys may be of use?

http://www.nattress.com/Products/standardsconversion/standardsconversion.ht...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]