FCP 7.0.3

PS 11.0.2

Original Video Source - HDV 1280 x 720

Sequence Settings

Time line - 1920 x 1080

Aspect Ration - 1080i (16:9)

Pixel Aspect Ratio - Upper Field (Odd)

Editing Time Base - 29.97

Compressor - XDCam EX 1080p30 (35 Mb/s VBR)

Path I take for exporting the still image from the time line:

Quicktime Conversion

TGA > Options > change the frame rate to 30 > Save

Sorry if that's too many stats, figured it's better to give more than not enough.

I know the dimension exportation issues are because of the mixed up video size, and the mixed up sequence settings.

I have a years worth of Fire Department footage I'm compiling an annual banquet video for. A majority of it was taped in 1920 x 1080, so when I dropped the first clip in the time line I just had the sequence settings match that clip.

All video editing, playback, rendering etc etc. is going good so far. I just thought I'd try that effect you see in the opening credits for "SNATCH" where the guys are moving, then they pause, with the graphics all around them. Only thing is the particular 4 clips I want to use happen to be 1920 x 720 :) DOH!!

I've done one so far and I can resize it in the canvas myself to fit pretty close, and the graphics around the fire fighter sort of take your attention away that the size is changing slightly.

But am I not doing something that would make this easier?

Here's the opening title sequence I'm referring to:

Vinnie
---
24, LOST, Prison Break, FRINGE, Supernatural, DEXTER, Breaking Bad, CHUCK, Flash Forward, HEROES...even SMALLVILLE in the latter seasons.. they've all ruined my movie going experience by being better than so many movies out today.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]