FORUMS: list search recent posts

Artifacts in Compressor: FCP workflow issue?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Geoff McDonald
Artifacts in Compressor: FCP workflow issue?
on Oct 17, 2011 at 10:24:44 pm

Thanks in advance for anyone's help on this:

I've edited a 45 minute movie in FCP 6, the timeline is XDCAM EX 720-30p. I do all of my color correction in this timeline then export a contained Quicktime video file in this same codec. Then I bring this one 45 minute file back into FCP and put it into another blank timeline of the same codec and do a global color correction.

After I do the global color correct, I then "export using compressor." I am getting some severe artifacting in different locations in the movie even though I'm using 2 PASS VBR BEST. The artifacting mostly comes when there are fast pans or complicated backgrounds.

I've searched the other forums on this topic and here are my questions:

1) I know that FCP automatically places compression markers at transitions and cuts in order to help with MPEG-2 compression. This would make good sense if I was exporting the original timeline directly to compressor, however I'm first exporting a contained quicktime file... sooooo, are there still compression markers in this contained quicktime file or do I need to add hundreds of them manually in FCP in order to get a good compression??

2) Does it make any sense for me to use "frame controls" in compressor to get a better compression? I'm don't have interlaced footage and this greatly increases export time. Will it fix anything?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]