FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDcam footage fix?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Emmet Reddy
XDcam footage fix?
on Oct 17, 2011 at 3:44:30 pm

Hi Im having a problem with xdcam footage that was sent to me recently, the file looks like its broken into four different sections the first part plays timecode but it says No Media the next two parts play ok is there any way of retrieving this footage? Im using the XDCAM transfer software with FCP, Please help, Thanks Emmet

Return to posts index

Alex Elkins
Re: XDcam footage fix?
on Oct 17, 2011 at 5:19:26 pm

Hi Emmet

It sounds like you don't have all of the clips loaded correctly into XDCAM transfer. XDCAM Transfer knows there should be more at the beginning, which is why you're seeing the timecode with the 'no media' warning.

Right-click on the file in question and go to 'open in Finder'. The mp4 file will be in a folder of the same name, probably with '_2' at the end. There should be a folder with '_1' as well - this is the missing part of the clip. Hopefully you can find that folder and the relevant mp4 file, otherwise you're stuck.

Alex Elkins
Twitter: @postbluetv
http://www.PostBlue.tv
View Post Blue showreel
Shot on RED @ 100fps, Post on FCP/Color: Capoeira Film

Return to posts index

Emmet Reddy
on Oct 18, 2011 at 10:13:48 am

Hi thanks Alex, i think the file has done a vanishing act the folder structure is BPAV - CLPR and 3 other files - then 5 more folders 018_179_01 _02 _03 the 01 folder has no files, all the others have the 5 files ie the .mp4 .smi files etc? However the first folder has nothing could this have happened in camera? i think im banjoed may have to apply the re-shoot it filter? What do you think?

Return to posts index

Alex Elkins
on Oct 19, 2011 at 4:42:47 pm

Hi Emmet

Sorry for the slow response - the past couple of days was a bit hectic.

It's unlikely that the '_1' file could have been deleted in-camera as the camera would just see the whole thing as one long file. It sounds more like the file hasn't been transferred to your drive for some reason. Is there another backup elsewhere that might have it?

Failing that, if you have formatted the original SxS card from the camera then I'm afraid it's a re-shoot or just hope the missing part of the shot wasn't too important.

Alex Elkins
Twitter: @postbluetv
http://www.PostBlue.tv
View Post Blue showreel
Shot on RED @ 100fps, Post on FCP/Color: Capoeira Film

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]