FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't Reconnect Media

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Cunningham
Can't Reconnect Media
on Oct 17, 2011 at 6:05:47 am

Hi all,

Recently, my mac's internal hard-drive crashed and nothing was recovered. Luckily, most things were backed up, but FCP is giving me a really hard time about reconnecting the media for a few sequences for some reason.

The 5 video files I want to reconnect are exactly the same length as the ones that are missing, and are the same footage. When I try to reconnect them when FCP starts up, I get the message:

"Some attributes of one or more of the files you have chosen do not match the attributes of the original. This may cause problems within the sequences that are dependent on them. The attributes that differed are as follows: -Media Start and End." If I try to connect them it gives me a host of errors.

If I try to connect the media in FCP, it just says: "Offline Files: [The Drive]:" -- and blank. Nothing to reconnect. This happens even if I cancel the option to reconnect when I start.

The only other things I can think to note are:
-- the ones that won't reconnect had all been renamed in the project file (e.g. "Ryan_talk_1") and the files I'm trying to hook up are all "Untitled1" etc.
-- when I try to reconstruct the missing scenes from the time data in the disconnected media files, they all seem to be slightly off, i.e. half a second. Not sure if this indicates anything.

Any thoughts, please let me know. Is there any way to 'force' Final Cut to accept media? Driving me crazy having to stitch together disconnected media scenes right in front of me from a file the exact same length with all the same stop and starts as what's missing!

Thank you.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: Can't Reconnect Media
on Oct 17, 2011 at 1:43:52 pm

Usually that error of "different length", you can select OK, and it will be fine.

The other option would be to import those files. Lay then in the sequence and copy them. Then select the unlinked track and paste attributes~Content.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Jeff Cunningham
Re: Can't Reconnect Media
on Oct 18, 2011 at 11:59:09 am

Appreciate the reply. Selecting OK was not working for whatever reason. I managed to resolve the issue by using Reconnect Media, setting it to show all files, then Locating the file. Even though the missing file wasn't being named in the window, connecting it this way worked.

Will definitely keep the Paste Attributes option in mind for next time.

Thanks again

Jeff

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]