FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP sequence settings for photo-only sequence

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joanna Arnow
FCP sequence settings for photo-only sequence
on Oct 16, 2011 at 4:32:27 pm

I am making a slideshow sequence of photos (JPEGs) that are mainly 3:2. I've tried many of the fcp sequence settings, (for jpeg, HD, multimedia, NTSC 3:2), but mostly the sequences show a red render line. Or the scale is a small percentage of the actual photo size. (so I feel like I'm not getting the most out of the photos or they are being converted into a format too different from the original).

Also, although the photos are 3:2, I would ideally like to export as 16:9 (or 4:3) sequence so it can be posted as a video for the web. When I put the photos in a 16:9 or 4:3 sequence though, they don't look distorted to me, but how could they not be? If anyone has thoughts about the best settings/resources online, I would appreciate it!

Joanna

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: FCP sequence settings for photo-only sequence
on Oct 16, 2011 at 5:48:36 pm

Use png's instead of jpg (less compression). Use easy setup and choose ProRes as your sequence setting.

No need for 16:9, you are only stretching the photos.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Oct 16, 2011 at 5:58:30 pm

One more thing, there are a few programs/plugins that help you create some nice slideshows.

Photomotion-GeeThree
Photomontage-Noise Industries
ImageFlow-Coremelt
Finalcutprotemplates.com
CoverFlux-Industrial Revolution

Outside of FCP, Animoto.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Joanna Arnow
on Oct 17, 2011 at 1:02:02 am

Thanks, yes ProRes easy set up has gotten me the best results. The photos are still scaled down to 35%ish but I guess it doesn't make sense to create some larger customized sequence since the primary purpose of the video is for the web and I won't export larger than 1280 x 720 anyway... though it will projected on some smaller screens. So no need for customization that will be a larger frame size than the ProRes preset, right?

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
on Oct 17, 2011 at 1:56:27 pm

Right, create a sequence the size of your output.

720p Prores is a great start. Don't make your images any larger then needed, b/4 importing.

Large enough for a move. I find with really large images where you're only using 20-40% of the size, will generate more moire, etc.

Export "current Settings" and compress that file for delivery.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]