FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio imported in has different duration after placed into sequence

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eurie Chung
Audio imported in has different duration after placed into sequence
on Oct 14, 2011 at 7:23:53 pm

I am trying to sync reels of footage for a feature with FCP 7.0.3.

I have 9 reels of video with a mono mix track for reference.
Video specs: 720x480, 23.98 fps, DV/DVCPRO-NTSC
I have 8 reels of audio with L/R channels for dialogue, music and effects (6 wav files for each reel).

Final Cut's "Easy Setup" is set to Format: NTSC, Rate: 23.98 fps with Use: DV-NTSC 24p (23.98).

Sequence setting is set to: 720x480 NTSC DV (3:2), NTSC-CCIR 601 / DV (720x480) 23.98 fps.

When imported into iTunes or opened with Quicktime, these wav files have a duration of 25 minutes exactly. When I import in to Final Cut, the duration is 00:24:58:15 and the audio drifts out of sync.

As an experiment, I converted the files in iTunes to aiff files. When those files are imported into Final Cut, the duration in the Browser window is 00:24:59:29. When brought in to the sequence, the duration changes to 00:24:58:12. This happens whether or not the video is in the timeline first.

All of the footage is stored on an Avid Unity, not ideal, I know, but that is how our footage is stored and shared. I've copied the audio files locally to my computer and imported them into Final Cut with the same results. I have made new projects, both locally and on the Unity, and the results are the same.

Does any one have any ideas on how to solve this problem? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved