FORUMS: list search recent posts

crerating a 1/3 lower supper

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bert Delgado
crerating a 1/3 lower supper
on Oct 14, 2011 at 5:01:53 pm

Hello,
I need to create a background for a 1/3 lower supper.
I have a waving flag and a city logo.
I already managed to have the top of the flag crawl up from the bottom of the screen and stop 1/3 lower using keyframes.
The rest of the flag is not seen.

Would like to wipe the bottom of that image so that the flag does not touch the bottom of the screen (some horizontal wipe which will stay in place and not move.)
Even nicer would be to add a horizontal gradient to that portion of the flag being displayed.

Have no clue how to do that.
Besides FCP 7 I have Boris Continuum 7 and Boris Red. I would like to believe that with that software I should be able to do it.
Thanks for the help
Bert

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: crerating a 1/3 lower supper
on Oct 14, 2011 at 5:22:09 pm

[Bert Delgado] "Would like to wipe the bottom of that image so that the flag does not touch the bottom of the screen (some horizontal wipe which will stay in place and not move.)"

I'm not sure what a "wipe" would accomplish in this case Bert, at least not a wipe in the traditional sense. Are you using that term loosely in this case?

You can use the Crop tools in the Motion tab to cut off the bottom and/or sides of your flag as needed, and there is a Edge Feather control to create soft edges too.

Does this help at all? Hope so...

David

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

Don't miss my new Creative Cow Podcast: Bringing "The Whale" to the Big Screen:
http://library.creativecow.net/weiss_roth_david/Podcast-Series-2-MikeParfit...

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums.

Return to posts index

Bert Delgado
Re: crerating a 1/3 lower supper
on Oct 14, 2011 at 7:41:42 pm

YES !! That seems to be what the doctor ordered.

Will try to amuse myself tomorrow and see if I can get it, but from what you say, it should be perfect!

Thanks,

Bert

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]