FORUMS: list search recent posts

Av-1 weird exports. FCP 7.0.3

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Joyce
Av-1 weird exports. FCP 7.0.3
on Oct 14, 2011 at 10:42:48 am

Hello,

I'm not the best in FCP so this might be a simple solution. What ever I export from my machine in FCP 7.0.3 I end up with 2 files, the render and an AV-1 file. It's not an .av-1 it just comes out 'FileName-av1' The video plays fine on my machine but wont open on any other computer.

The video files comes out at normal size (2gb) and the av-1 file is around 700mb.

My get-around is transferring the project to another machine and exporting there but this is becoming hassel.

I have played with the setting and have also asked more experienced editors but no-one seems to know the problem.

Any help would be good.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Neil Patience
Re: Av-1 weird exports. FCP 7.0.3
on Oct 14, 2011 at 12:04:03 pm

Sounds like you are exporting to a Windows formatted drive, Fat 32.

There is a 2 gig file size limit with this format so it creates a spanned file.

If you export to a Mac formatted drive you will not have this issue.

best wishes
Neil
http://www.patience.tv

Return to posts index

Chris Joyce
on Oct 14, 2011 at 12:50:21 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I am on Mac and exporting to the desktop. I have tried lots of tests and still get the same result.

Its strange because it suddenly happened mid project when I didn't change anything and now happens all the time.

Any more thoughts?

Return to posts index

Neil Patience
on Oct 15, 2011 at 2:49:37 pm

Hi Chris

have to be honest and say I don't know, maybe someone else has seen this.
In my experience if your drive is formatted Mac Extended Journaled then you. should just get one file.
Dos Fat 32 will produce spanned files.

You do get spanned files in a few other circumstances, across P2 cards when using more than one card for example, but irrelevant in your case.

Quite why yours should change mid project is odd. Can't think of another reason.

The disk utility will show you how your drive is formatted but it would be very unlikely to be anything other then Mac format.

Have you got an external Mac formatted drive that already has files bigger than 2 gig on that you know works ?

If so what happens if you export to that drive ?

What type of file in what format etc are you exporting ?

best wishes
Neil
http://www.patience.tv

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]