FORUMS: list search recent posts

No input from 1400 panasonic deck

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Noah
No input from 1400 panasonic deck
on Oct 14, 2011 at 12:22:30 am

Hello all,

Oh ye lords of knowledge, help a lowly peseasnt. I have a tape export issues. I am using final cut 7 with latest updates, a panasonic 1400 hd deck through FireWire, as well as laying off closed caption to line 21 using Mac caption qt ref files.

The deck is set up properly through view settings (1080 60i) and I double check play back and sync. All plays fine through the FireWire on the hd monitor. I set up the sequence for dvcpro 1080 60i to match the file that is to be exported.

Ok, so here is the skinny, when I go to dump to tape the deck controls properly and ques up to the start timecode. When it starts record it says no input and records black. The window is showing the play back of the programs but the deck is recording black. This problem is intermittent and works sometime and others it does not. I have to delete prefs and restart the computer to get it to export properly, however it does not always work.

I have the export settings correctly as well as the view settings. Qt pro is updated to the latest.

My only guess is the qt ref file from Mac captions is causing a playback error or a corruption of qt files. However, so far no luck and it happens on every system I try it on.

So now I come to all of you to help me with this error. If anyone has come across this and resolved this issue please let me know so that I can jump for joy. Thanks again and have a great day!

D

Please note I have set up the view settings and deck controls properly, made sure the deck is set up correct, including recording to line 21. I have updated qt pro to

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: No input from 1400 panasonic deck
on Oct 14, 2011 at 5:02:02 am

I've never tried laying off reference files... Bet that's iffy if the whole deal is a reference file. Might try just putting some rendered black media at the head of the sequence you're recording from.

Seems to me if it's in a sequence, and it doesn't need rendering it should work. After all every clip in a sequence is actually a reference file. But then reference files of reference files might just slow down things just enough...

Might search this forum on that machine... bet there's a wealth of knowledge in this forum about it.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

John Smith
Re: No input from 1400 panasonic deck
on Mar 8, 2012 at 7:28:56 pm

I have the exact same problem. Can anyone help ? That would be great.

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]