FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP pulling old render files

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stasia Lenhart
FCP pulling old render files
on Oct 13, 2011 at 1:40:25 pm

I am wondering if I need to perform an exorcism on my FCP. Here is what it is doing. Can be on export and yesterday randomly on the time-line something that was edited and changed will re-show up. Not the entire project just a clip, or a graphic. It is not an early version of the project just an earlier version of one particular item. At first you go, "didn't I change that, you change it again, then it will be something else that randomly changes" Yesterday we put a project to tape, and a graphic with a miss-spelled word showed up. This was the 2nd time this project had been exported, so we looked back at the previous export and the graphic fix was there. The project had not been edited or worked on since just opened.

I also had a b-roll shot that is not on the time line show up in the canvas on playback.

We have trashed preferences, we have re-loaded final cut, we have even swapped out and installed a whole new boot drive with a fresh install of all the software.

Has anyone else experienced this? Anyone have ideas for a solution?

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: FCP pulling old render files
on Oct 13, 2011 at 1:55:18 pm

Hi stasia,
Try deleting the "Constant frames" folder, in the Render Folder.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Oct 13, 2011 at 3:34:53 pm

I would also delete the render files for the project and re-render.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Oct 13, 2011 at 4:27:39 pm

Stasia,

You left out some important info for us...

1) What video codec are you editing?

2) What are your sequence settings?

The advice of my esteemed colleagues might be right, but then again it may not be. There's simply no telling for sure without the info I requested.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

Don't miss my new Creative Cow Podcast: Bringing "The Whale" to the Big Screen:
http://library.creativecow.net/weiss_roth_david/Podcast-Series-2-MikeParfit...

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums.

Return to posts index

Stasia Lenhart
on Oct 20, 2011 at 7:01:40 pm

This had been happening not in just one project but a number of projects. (ie the reason I did not include video codec and sequence settings). In talking with a FCP expert here is what our best guess at the problem has been.

Because some projects had been edited using Sony xdcam raw files. Our system was being over worked trying to adjust/ process on the fly. When a sequence was started and it asked to conform sequence to footage I said yes. That resulted in the more than occasional unexpected quit, when that happened some metadata did not get written, so while a project would look fine on re open and restore, on out-put it would refer to an earlier render file.

So here is our solution.

1. Full delete of render files, and "all of our fav" trashed the preferences.

2. All footage is now imported, batched, and edited in pro-res 422 (sometimes HQ) sometimes regular.

Thank you all for insight and help.

Stasia

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]