FORUMS: list search recent posts

Text and images are shrunken and placed in upper left when inserted in a sequence...why?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Benjamin Reichman
Text and images are shrunken and placed in upper left when inserted in a sequence...why?
on Oct 12, 2011 at 7:46:41 pm

When I insert a still from Photoshop or a Text clip (generated in FCP) into my sequence, it shrinks and puts itself in the upper left of the frame. Here's what it looks like:

On the left in the Viewer is a TIFF made in Photoshop (though the same problem happens with the Text Generator). On the right is the sequence, showing the underlying video clip and the TIFF overlaid (on V2).

I'm running Final Cut 7.0.2 on OS X 10.6.8. The sequence is XDCAM EX 1080i 29.97.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Text and images are shrunken and placed in upper left when inserted in a sequence...why?
on Oct 12, 2011 at 10:29:09 pm

Check the Motion tab and see if your text or graphics are importing with weird scaling. If so then you can fix it by removing motion attributes. Select clips and right mouse to remove attributes> motion.

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: Text and images are shrunken and placed in upper left when inserted in a sequence...why?
on Oct 13, 2011 at 2:15:33 am

Make sure graphics are correct size to match footage. Stay with square pixel video presets in PS fr hd

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: From Still to Motion, Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and Motion Graphics with Adobe Creative Suite 5 Studio Techniques

Return to posts index

Benjamin Reichman
on Oct 15, 2011 at 11:56:07 pm

Thanks for the tips, but I still have the problem. It happens when I create a text clip using the basic FCP Text Generator. I've gone into the Motion tab and clicked the red x for each category of parameters (Basic Motion, Crop, Distort, etc.) and it doesn't help.

Here's an example of the text generator showing the same problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]