FORUMS: list search recent posts

Time/Date Stamp in FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Schramm
Time/Date Stamp in FCP
on Oct 12, 2011 at 6:35:37 pm

It seems to be the age old question that no one can easily answer, so I'm posting in hopes that someone has some updated information regarding this issue.

All I am looking to do is add a TIME and DATE stamp to the video timeline in Final Cut Pro (version 7.0.3) so my finished sequence has the stamp properly running through the entire video.

If possible, I am looking to accomplish this without downloading any random apps or programs to my hard drive.

If that is not possible, then by all means, please let me know what to do in the most descriptive and exact way possible, as I am attempting to not litter the forum with continuous posts. Let's all get to the bottom of this issue once and for all!!!

Thanks a lot in advance for the help...

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Time/Date Stamp in FCP
on Oct 12, 2011 at 7:02:37 pm

FCP has timecode reader and timecode generator filters, depending on whether you want source or sequence times. They both have a text field that defaults to TCR or TCG, but you can change that to a date.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Ben Schramm
on Oct 12, 2011 at 7:10:58 pm

Thank you very much for the help!

However, we are only halfway there...

I get how to change the text to the date, but the timecode just counts up in the timeline from zero.

You mentioned something about source time; is that the original time of day the video was recorded? If so, how do I get that to appear consistently in the sequence?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Ben Schramm
on Oct 12, 2011 at 7:34:26 pm

Thanks for the help, we are halfway there!

I am able to successfully change the text of TCR to mm/dd/yy.

However, I still need to have the time of day the video was recorded. Is this the SOURCE TIME you mentioned?

If so, where do I access this and work on importing it in to the sequence timeline?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
on Oct 12, 2011 at 9:59:58 pm

Do you have Adobe After Effects?

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Oct 13, 2011 at 1:23:30 pm

You can get the time you need two ways (I think). First, if you recorded time-of-day timecode then that is your source timecode and you'd use the t/c reader. Otherwise, you can use the Offset field so the on-screen timecode is adjusted to time-of-day. Of course, you need to know the time the clip was started to calculate the offset.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

David Langer
on Dec 21, 2011 at 2:17:02 pm

Are you trying to stamp AVCHD clips in FCPX?

Did you succeed to do this?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]