FORUMS: list search recent posts

ProRes to Proxy and back to ProRes problem

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Harrington
ProRes to Proxy and back to ProRes problem
on Oct 12, 2011 at 6:29:22 pm

I'm working in ProRes with a full set of Proxy files. I've been tossing the project back and fourth for a few months now working with assistant editor with him working on shorter sequences that I bring in to the ProRes project, add to sequences, tweak and make ready for final output.

Now I need to travel for a client review and post VO session. I'd like to take the Proxy media with me to continue working. When I attempt to relink the completed ProRes project to my Proxy drive I get a huge amount of them that prompt the "Attributes are different or length is different" and prompted with a "Continue or Try Again". Can someone explain whats going on here or things I should check on.

I've gotten this prompt before with shorter sequences and usually select the "Continue" button after attempting several "Try Again". This has always worked pretty good for shorter sequences. The project I;m working on is much longer and involves thousands of clips.

I need to better understand what the problem is to avoid changing my completed and approved sequences.

Michael Harrington
Mac Pro, Dual Quad-Core Intel Xeon 2.66 GHz, 12 GB, FCP7, Snow Leopard, ATI Radeon HD 4870, 30-inch Cine Display, 4 - 1TB internal, G Speed 6TB Raid 5, 1.25TB Esata, Numerous FW 800 external drives, Matrox MX02Max, FSI 17" Broadcast Monitor, Black Magic Mini Sync Generator, Mackie 1402 & Event 20/20 monitors.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved