FORUMS: list search recent posts

Burned Blu-Ray using Compressor with chapter markers from Final Cut but can't skip chapters...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Doyle
Burned Blu-Ray using Compressor with chapter markers from Final Cut but can't skip chapters...
on Oct 12, 2011 at 4:48:32 pm

My project is 1080p 25p, edited in FCpro7 on a Mac Pro.

I have both Toast 10 and Compressor. I want to burn Blu-Ray, so I tried both, and like Compressor better because you can import the names of the your chapter markers and actually set where you want your chapters to begin.

So, I burned a Blu-Ray using Compressor. Quality is great. Pity about not being able to use music on the menu. The chapters are all named fine in the chapter menus. However, when I play the Blu-Ray in my Panasonic Blu-Ray player, I can't skip Chapters with my remote control. That "option is not allowed".

Apparently, the solution is to set Chapter Markers within Compressor. So I have went back to my Final Cut project and deleted all chapter markers and am currently exporting my file with just Compression Markers. I'll then set the Chapter Markers within Compressor and hope that when I author the Blu-Ray disc that I'm able to skip chapters using my remote control. After all, the chapters ARE there - they're even named.

Anyone have any experience with this? It's going to be a few hours before I can find out if this method works... Thanks in advance...

Return to posts index

Richard Doyle
Re: Burned Blu-Ray using Compressor with chapter markers from Final Cut but can't skip chapters...
on Oct 12, 2011 at 4:51:36 pm

Okay, so I tried removing the chapters in Final Cut Pro, exported the file, and then added the chapters in Compressor manually, and named them. I burned the Blu-Ray and everything is fine - the chapters are named etc, BUT I still can't skip chapters using my Blu-Ray players remote control... Could the problem here just be my player?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]