FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCam stuttering image on import to FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Mitchell
XDCam stuttering image on import to FCP
on Oct 12, 2011 at 4:29:27 pm

I hope someone can help me. I have imported some files into FCP - XDCam (from EX1) via XDCam Transfer and they stutter - all of them - as if they have a slow shutter effect on them....playing slow and juddering. The audio plays fine. I checked the original mp4s and they are fine - no stutter, smooth. The sequence settings and clip settings are the same - there is no effect or shutter angle/speed setting that is not normal. ALl shot at 1080/25P - as I have done 100 times before without a problem.
Then todasy, I load an older project - that has always been fine and that too is stuttering in the same way. I have played video on the monitors outside of FCP and it plays fine, so I guess the hardware is okay.
Any ideas would be really appreciated. I have restarted, reset, c;leared space etc no avail

Return to posts index

Alex Elkins
Re: XDCam stuttering image on import to FCP
on Oct 12, 2011 at 5:18:41 pm

Hi Simon,

It's clear that something has changed between when you worked on the old project successfully to now. Firstly, are your video card drivers up to date?

This was actually happening to me the other day. I noticed that System Profiler was only recognising 4GB of RAM when it should have been seeing all 12GB installed in my machine. The fix was simply to re-seat the RAM in the Mac Pro (i.e. take it out and put it back in again). Once I turned the computer back on all of the RAM was picked up and the stuttering was gone.
The suggestion above may have no relevance to your problem but it's worth sharing in case it was something a little unusual like that. I spent a lot of time scratching my head before realising the problem!

All the best

Alex Elkins
Twitter: @postbluetv
View Post Blue showreel
Shot on RED @ 100fps, Post on FCP/Color: Capoeira Film

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved